The three Chinese medical teams in Sierra Leone have extended their one-year stay to help fight against the COVID-19 in the West African Country.
“Due to the non-availability of flights and the important role they have been playing in complementing the government of Sierra Leone’s fight against the COVID-19, the three Chinese medical teams, who arrived in June 2019, have decided to continue working to ensure a healthy society,’’ they said.
The Chinese medical experts have been working side by side and around the clock with their Sierra Leonean counterparts in detecting, diagnosing and treating COVID-19 cases.
Hu added that this year also witnessed even stronger cooperation and closer relations between the two countries as they stand firmly with each other in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Edited By: Abiodun Oluleye/Abdulfatah Babatunde (NAN)
- Military allays fear over alleged Al-Qaeda, ISIS inroad to Nigeria
- NCPC partners CAN, JNI to end Southern Kaduna killings
- COVID-19: PTF approves gradual reopening of international flights
- LASG calls for synergy among security agencies
- COVID-19: Kogi Govt fumigates schools ahead of resumption on Aug. 10
- Gov Ikpeazu calls for Federal Secretariat in Abia
- Asaba Airport to resume operation soon – Delta SSG
- APC appoints acting state chairman in Akwa Ibom
- NCC tasks ICT reporters to work in synergy with Commission
- COVID-19: Coy launches `BackToWork’ safety module for businesses, organisations