A cleaner, Lydia Ekeremoyia, on Monday appeared in a Tinubu Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly stealing her employer’s wrist watch valued at N250,000.
The police charged Ekeremoyia, 25, who resides in Lekki, Lagos, with theft.
She, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Ajaga Agboko, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Aug. 31, about 11:56a.m. at No. 6, Omodayo Owutuga, Bera Estate, Chevron Lekki, Lagos.
He alleged that the defendant, a cleaner, stole two Seiko gold wrist watches valued at N250,000 belonging to her employer, Mr Eieri Anwara.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 287 (7) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015; which prescribes seven years imprisonment for stealing.
Magistrate T.A. Anjorin-Ajose, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum.
He adjourned the case until Oct. 10, for hearing. (NAN)
Edited by Tayo Ikujuni/Sadiya Hamza
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study