Col. Sagir Musa, the Acting Director Army Public Relations, confirmed this in a statement, adding that three terrorists were neutralised in the operation.
According to him, 24 of the children rescued were administered with polio vaccines by the Nigerian Army Regimental Medical Officers.
He explained that was in line with the Chief of Army Staff directive on the collaboration between the army and National Primary Health Care Development Agency to reach out to areas not captured in the polio vaccination exercise.
Musa said new camps set up by the terrorists were also destroyed by the troops.
He said some copies of Quran, one generator, two bicycles, flags, five bicycles, five SIM cards of different networks and assorted clothing materials were recovered.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers