A Muslim cleric in Gombe, Sheikh Auwal Abdullahi, on Tuesday, reminded Muslims
He said this at the 2019 Ramadan Lecture in Gombe.
Zakat is a form of alms-giving treated in Islam as a religious obligation or tax, which, by Quranic ranking, is
next after prayer in importance.
As one of the Five Pillars of Islam, zakat is a religious obligation for all Muslims who meet the necessary criteria
The cleric said “the payment of Zakkat is compulsory on every Muslim if he or she posses what it takes to.
According to him, the recipients of Zakkat are also expected to give out Zakkat the following year.
He added that if people would do the right thing, there would not be poverty in the society.
He also enjoined wealthy persons to consider those working under them while giving out Zakkat.
He further advised those who have the means to be spending their wealth in the course of propagating Islam,
such act would earn them Allah’s grace and favours.
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- United States-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership