Pastor Laurence Nwabeze of Life Changing Church, Enugu has urged fathers to discharge their responsibilities to their families effectively.
Nwabeze gave the advice on Sunday during a Church sermon to mark the 2020 Father’s Day.
He lamented over some fathers, who would only gave birth to children but would not provide for their welfare through proper feeding and education.
He said that some fathers would rather prefer to spend their time and money at beer parlours and parties at the expense of their families at home.
“No wonder some children become vagabonds used as willing tools for political violence because no one cares for them and they lack parental care.” he said.
The cleric appealed to fathers to be responsive and responsible for the welfare of their families by providing for them.
“Train the children in the way of the Lord and when they grow up, they will not depart from it; rather than abandon them to stray and be involved in atrocities that could destroy their future’’, Nwabeze said.
According to him, God will ask all parents, especially fathers, to give an account of each child given to them and in order not to be guilty on the Judgment day, they need to discharge their duties well.
Edited By: Saidu Adamu/Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
- NNPC records 43% drop in oil pipeline vandalism in May — Report
- Kogi declares August 18 as deadline for exam registration
- Kwara Gov appoints Adeboye GM for The Herald
- SIP: Gov. Sule flags off second phase training of CBTT in Nasarawa
- COVID-19: Group presents palliatives to Plateau Govt.
- Edo speaker raises alarm over plot to take over Assembly
- Anglican synod advocates revival of ailing industries to tackle unemployment
- Alleged N2bn libel: Court to hear suit against Sowore, others Sept. 30
- Edo Assembly Deputy Speaker impeached
- Osun govt. distributes protective materials to public schools ahead resumption