Pastor Yohanna Buru, General Overseer, Christ Evangelical and Life Intervention Fellowship Ministry, Kaduna, has urged wealthy individuals and corporate bodies to support the COVID-19 emergency fund set up by the Federal Government.
“Wealthy people and corporate bodies should contribute and help government to succeed in the fight against the spread of the virus in the entire country,” Buru said in a telephone interview with the Nigeria News Agency on Sunday in Kaduna.
He said that the emergency fund would help to provide necessary interventions to tackle the spread of the virus.
“Globally thousands have been reported dead, and many are reported infected with the disease.
“There is need to support states and federal government with funding to confront the pandemic.
“Nigerians should also pray and fast with the aim of begging Almighty God to bring an end to this epidemic,” he said.
The cleric applauded Dangote and BUA groups as well as former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and others who had already donated to the fund.
Edited By: Emmanuel Nwoye/Maharazu Ahmed
- France reports more than 28,500 coronavirus deaths
- Gov. Matawalle appoints new Emir of Kaura Namoda
- COVID-19: NCDC activates additional 2 labs, bringing total to 28
- Espanyol, Leganes offer free 2020-2021 season tickets to fans
- Lockdown: Anambra, Delta adopt strategies to check movement on Niger Bridge
- Putin reschedules WWII parade to June 24 after delay due to pandemic
- Gov Abiodun mourns Chief Imam of Egbaland, Orunsolu
- Masari expresses worries over Katsina’s COVID-19 status
- Banditry: Group urges FG to review security response system
- Tourism-dependent countries in Europe look to mid-June ‘D-Day’
- We stemmed militancy in Delta through infrastructure, youth empowerment – Okowa
- Macron promises 8bn euros to aid virus-hit French car industry
- ECB says pandemic amplifies pre-existing financial risks
- Kenyan gov’t to clear 50km traffic jam at border into landlocked Uganda – Minister
- COVID-19: Bayelsa vows to continue, complete demolition of illegal structures in Yenogoa
- Buhari salutes Chief Edwin Clark at 93
- Chile’s LATAM airline files for bankruptcy after COVID-19 decimates sales
- Adewumi’s appointment as KWASU Chancellor, step in right direction – VC
- Cross River Government to commence enforcement of `wrong parking’ from June 1
- Tor Tiv lauds Hausa community over peace efforts in Benue