No fewer than 100 officers of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) have been trained on strategic leadership and management to enable them coordinate their departments effectively.
The Acting Director-General, Centre for Management Development (CMD), Bitrus Chinoko at the closing of the five-day training urged the officers to be good leaders.
Chinoko, represented by the Acting Director Administration and Human Resources, Mr Mohammed Nuhu said the training would also be beneficial to them after retirement.
“I hope you are all transformed and will have a new leadership strategy to handle your various departments,’’ he said.
Also speaking, CMD’s Director in charge of Accreditation and Curriculum Department, Mr Kabir Mohammed appealed to NIS to organise regular trainings for its personnel to build their capacity in order to ensure improved service delivery.
Mohammed said part of their roles was to conduct an impact assessment survey at the various work stations of the trained officers to see how they were putting the training acquired into practice.
The Comptroller-General of NIS, Mr Muhammad Babandede,urged the officers to be good leaders and mentor junior officers in the service.
Muhammad was represented at the event by Controller K.N Nandap.
Some of the participants who spoke during the closing of the training said such training should be introduced to all Civil and Public Servants in order to build capacities.
Nigeria News Agency reports that the participants were awarded with certificates after the training.
Edited by Saidu Adamu/Ese E. Ekama
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed