The Coalition for South East Youth Leaders has called on relatives of people with drug problems to seek help from the Presidential Advisory Committee for the Elimination of Drug Abuse (PACEDA).
The group made the call in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria by the President-General and Secretary, Messrs Goodluck Ibem and Kanice Igwe on Tuesday in Aba.
It said there was need for people with great and small drug issues to report their challenges now to enable them access help using this opportunity.
NAN recalls that President Muhammadu Buhari inaugurated the committee in January with a call for collective action to check drug abuse to build new lives.
“We commend the steps taken so far by the Presidential Advisory Committee for the Elimination of Drug Abuse (PACEDA) headed by Brig.-Gen. Muhammad Buba Marwa (rtd).
“The tour the committee embarked on round the country will enable a comprehensive appraisal of the looming disaster drug abuse has brought on our nation.
“It will also equip them to be able to proffer lasting solutions to the problem.
“We are very confident that the chairman of PACEDA has the better mental capacity and requisite knowledge to aid efforts at curbing the rising tide of drug abuse and illicit drug trafficking in the country, ” they said.
The group said drug abuse was like a canker worm that had eaten deep into the fabric of the nation, hence conscious actions are required to restore sanity to drug-destroyed lives.
They also called on all stakeholders and organisations, both private and public with information that would help the committee succeed to bring it to their knowledge.
They thanked Buhari for appointing Marwa as the chairman of PACEDA, stressing that his appointment was worthwhile hence it will bring expected results.
- Devastated Sarri says he can’t be judged on basis of one match
- American golfer disqualified from PGA Championship after scoring error
- Ronaldinho inches closer to release from Paraguayan ordeal
- Edo polls: U.S expresses worry over deteriorating political climate, security interference
- 2020: China interfering against Trump, Russia against Biden — report
- NOSDRA, Agip investigate oil leak at Azuzuama, Bayelsa
- Environmental group urges African governments to rise against COVID-19, Climate and Health crises
- Police arrest suspects for criminal offenses, kill 1 in Niger
- Chelsea’s Kante ruled fit against Bayern-Lampard
- Gattuso says his Napoli are not just about grit and growls