The Kaduna State College of Education, on Friday, inaugurated its new demonstration secondary school in Kafanchan campus of the College, Jema’a Local Government Area of the state.
The provost of the college, Prof. Alexander Kure, while inaugurating the school, said as a teacher training institution, authorities of the college established a demonstration secondary school to serve as a model to sister schools around.
Kure, represented by his deputy, Mallam Suleiman Abubakar, congratulated the pioneer students of the school and admonished them to strive hard to excel in their studies.
The provost lauded the foresight of the management that led to the establishment of the school.
In a goodwill message, the college registrar, Mr Timothy Marcus, who urged the students to see themselves as future leaders of the nation, encouraged them to be dedicated to their studies.
Responding, the principal of the school, Mr Ericson Jatau, lauded the college management for its support, and promised to ensure good standards in the administration of the school.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Rev. Albert Saidu, the pastor in charge of ECWA Goodnews Church, Low Cost Garaje and Mallam Aminu Umar, an Imam in Kafanchan, led special prayers to kick start the resumption of the new academic session. (NAN)
Edited by Remi Koleoso/Yemi Idris-Aduloju
- Gov. Umahi rejects Ebonyi’s transfer to Police Zone 13 Division
- UN Chief welcomes Israel, UAE peace agreement
- Caretaker committee promises better times for Anambra football stakeholders, unveils new FA secretariat
- NAPHER-SD identifies loopholes in sports industry policy draft, calls for review
- COVID-19: PTF working with partners to implement comprehensive response to virus
- How I survived COVID-19 — Foreign Affairs Minister
- Leipzig stun Atletico Madrid to reach Champions League last four
- Workshop identifies harmful impacts of Global Gag Rule on developing nations
- Okei-Odumakin mourns former US Ambassador, Walter Carrington
- Nollywood: Censors Board, stakeholders hold roundtable on policy for release of films