The Nigeran Army’s 4 Brigade, Benin, has emerged overall winner with 450 marks to lift the golden trophy at the just concluded 2019 2 Division Combat Proficiency Competition held in Benin.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that 4 Brigade was closely followed by 32 Artillery Brigade, Akure with an overall score of 440 marks, while 2 Division Garrison Brigade with the element of 81 Battalion Ibadan received a wooden spoon.
NAN reports that it is customary in military competitions for the wooden spoon to be presented as a token to any formation or participant that emerges last.
Col. Darnumar Suleiman, who served as the Chief Judge during the week long event, announced 2 Division Garrison Brigade with the element of 81 Battalion Ibadan, as coming last with an overall score of 360 marks in the five activities competed for.
42 Engineering Brigade with the element of Engineering Commad, Ede, and 52 Signal Brigade emerged 3rd with an overall score of 390 marks while the 22 Brigade, Ilorin emerged 4th.I
In his closing remarks, Maj.,-Gen. Anthony Omozoje , General Officer Commanding (GOC), 2 Division, Ibadan urged the participants to take back to their various units and formations the knowledge gained from the competition.
Omozoje, represented by Brig.,-Gen. Soji Ogunsugba, the Training Officer, 2 Division also said that he expects the participants to effectively utilise the experiences gained when they return at their formations.
He asured the participants that the Division would continue to give priority to training and retraining of officers and men, adding that the identified lapses during the 2019 competition would be corrected.
NAN reports that the formations under the 2 Division that participated in the the competition included 4 Brigade, Benin, the 22 Brigade, Ilorin; and 32 Artillery Brigade, Akure.
Others are 42 Engineering Brigade with the element of Engineering Commad, Ede, and 52 Signal Brigade as well as 2 Division Garrison Brigade with the element of 81 Battalion all in Ibadan.
Some of the events competed in include physical fitness, map reading and navigation, preparation and description of sketch, skills at arms shooting as well as combat swimming and minor tactics.
Edited by Bayo Sekoni
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study