Maj.-Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi, the Theatre Commander Operation Lafiya Dole, has charged the 13 newly decorated Brigadier Generals to intensify effort in the fight against Boko Haram insurgency.
Adeniyi gave the charge while decorating the newly promoted officers at the Maimalari Cantonment in Maiduguri on Tuesday.
He urged them to declare total war against the insurgents in their various Areas of Responsibility (AOR) until they permanently decimate the insurgents from thier enclaves.
“When I assumed office as a Theatre Commander, I promised to take the fight to the enemy. Those of you that are still remaining in the Theatre, we need to intensify our fight against Boko Haram, they are grumbling but we need to route them completely.
“I, therefore, urge you to go and start a fight with Boko Haram in your respective Area of Responsibility. I am now sending you back as brigade Commanders. If Boko Haram are feeling the heat, let them come for negotiation but if they don’t I urged you not to relent in eliminating them completely.”
Adeniyi urged them to be humble and show empathy to soldiers, society and all Nigerians in discharging their duties.
Brig.-Gen. Abdul Ibrahim, the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 7 Division of the Nigerian Army, tasked the officers to discharge their duties deligently when they are posted in various brigades in the Theatre.
“As newly promoted Generals you have bigger task ahead of you. If you are tasked to go and occupy a territory, you should do so.“
Ibrahim urged them to provide the needed leadership that would reinvigorate the effort of fighting troops to completely wipe out the insurgents and restore sanity in the North East.
Speaking on behalf of the newly promoted Generals, Brig.-Gen. Ifeanyi Otu, Chief of Staff 7 Division of the Army, promised to rededicate efforts to uplift the Theatre.
“In the course of moving Nigeria forward, we promised to give more by providing the needed leadership to defend the country and ensure that it is secured,” he said.
Otu thanked the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Burutai, for finding them worthy for the promotion and promised to uphold the confidence bestowed upon them.
Edited by Ismail Abdulaziz
- Waste managers pledge to upgrade disposal trucks for better service
- Police nab man for allegedly killing neighbour with Dane gun in Niger
- Pope to give ‘strictly private’ audience to embattled Maltese premier
- Samoa’s measles death toll rises to 65 amid state of emergency
- Von der Leyen calls for ‘unity’ between Europe, AU
- Tree planting, panacea to climate change problems- Environmentalist
- Eddie Ugbomah, Joke Silva, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
- Firefighters battle more than 100 blazes across Australian state
- AOC tasks personnel on physical fitness to tackle security challenges
- Kenya gov’t confirms ambush that killed 8 was terrorist attack
- 2019 ZUMA Film Festival closes with grand awards gala
- $900,000 Grant: Niger Govt. to sensitise communities on urban policy
- Jigawa, Chinese Hunan province sign agreement on agriculture
- Missing cash: 4 quizzed NSCDC back to post at Bayelsa govt. house
- U.S. Supreme Court blocks plans to bring back federal death penalty
- MURIC hails Buhari for nomination of new NAHCON boss
- Immigration boss inaugurates new quarter guard
- Insecurity: Niger Govt. donates vehicles, motorcycles to Army
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges