The National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRMI) has supported food and non-food items to over 200,000 refugees in Adamawa.
Sen. Basheer Garba, the Federal Commissioner of NCFRMI, presented the items at Malkohi IDPs camp on Thursday in Yola.
Garba said the intervention was the consistent efforts of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration in bringing an end to insurgency and all forms of criminality.
He said the provision of the relief materials was aimed at improving living condition of the hundreds of thousands of refugees in the state.
“President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration is working assiduously to making displaced communities in Nigeria safe.
“In achieving this, it is our belief and prayer that in no distance time, our displaced persons will become self-reliant and ultimately agents of their own durable solutions,” Garba said.
Dr Mohammed Sulaiman, the Executive Secretary, Adamawa State Emergency Management Agency (ADSEMA), said the state has about 200,000 refugees currently.
“Some of the refugees are sheltered in some IDPs camps, while others are spread within host communities across the state,” Suleiman said.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the items distributed by the commission included care, maintenance, educational and empowerment materials, among others.
Edited by Folasade Adeniran/Muhammad Suleiman Tola
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business
- Gov. Bello of Niger appoints SUBEB chairman, members
- Gov. Akeredu dissolves Task Force on Farmers Registration
- Israel, Germany to set up aging research centre
- Gov. Akeredolu appoints Atere as SSA on women affairs
- Retired Police Officers want 13 months pension released, special gratuity at 300% increase
- Gov. Bello appoints Abubakar as new MD of NIGROMA
- Reps. urge JAMB to extend compulsory use of NIN till 2021
- FEC ratifies bill for domestication of international convention against doping
- Reps. C’ttee frowns as NCS fails to appear on allegations of extra judicial killings