The leader of Kano abattoir, Alhaji Isayaku Ali, has appealed to the Kano state government to provide waste bins at strategic locations to aid environmental sanitation in the slaughterhouse.
Ali, made the appeal on Friday when the state sanitation committee visited the area.
He said that the management of the slaughterhouse have been at their best to ensure cleanliness, yet the government needed to aid them with the provision of waste bins.
Responding, the state Chairman of the task force committee on sanitation and Commissioner for Environment, Dr Kabiru Getso, pledged to provide the waste bins.
Getso lauded the efforts of the abattoir management committee for sanitizing the area.
He said that he was impressed with the level of cleanliness in the area while charging them to sustain the tempo.
Get so further appealed to agencies and other private and government-owned institutions to emulate the state Ministry of Information in terms of sanitation.
The Commissioner expressed satisfaction with the level of cleanliness of the Ministry, saying that the act was commendable.
Edited & Vetted By: Modupe Adeloye
- Flood destroys 110 houses in Zamfara
- Kaduna attacks: Sen Sani urges concerted efforts by govt, security agencies
- Flooding: NEMA urges Jalingo residents to avoid settlement along riverine areas
- Zamfara APC Crisis: Court dissolves Zamfara executives, orders fresh congresses
- NBBF mourns former D’Tigers invitee, Ojo
- Adamawa Assembly approves Gov. Fintiri’s N550m Agric loan
- ACF urges FG to tackle killings, insecurity in southern Kaduna
- Insecurity: Umahi advises Buhari to retain service chiefs
- Man, 27, drowns in Kano pond
- COVID-19 : EKSG introduces tax relief, incentives for businesses