The Police in Adamawa have confirmed the arrest of 16 suspects in connection with the recent communal conflicts in Guyuk and Lamurde local government areas.
DSP Sulaiman Nguroje, Police Public Relations Officer of the Command confirmed the development to the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Yola.
“The Police Command in Adamawa wishes to inform the general public that the communal clash in Guyuk local government and Lafiya village in Lamurde local government area resulted in loss of lives and properties.
“The command while enforcing the law has so far apprehended one Alhaji Halilu Lafiya and 15 others in connection with the case and investigation is still going on.
“Also, two guns and other dangerous weapons were recovered from suspects,” Nguroje said.
He called on the people in Guyuk and Lafiya communities to remain calm and continue to give useful information to the police.
Nguroje said that the command would intensify its commitment to protecting lives and properties, but warned the people to stop taking laws into their hands.
Edited By: Razak Owolabi/Maharazu Ahmed (NAN)
- Fight over United States Postal Service underscores challenges it faces
- Israel describes UN rejection of Iran arms embargo as ‘disgrace’
- Amaechi, Mohammed inspect Lagos-Ibadan rail project
- My album, “Jehovah”, lifts people going through challenges — Gospel songstress
- Total blackout in Rivers as angry youths shutdown Afam transmission lines
- Police arrest pastor, 5 others for alleged child theft in A’Ibom
- Delta approves 3 additional private schools for JSS exams
- Buhari rejoices with Kingsley Osadolor at 60
- COVID-19: survivors say mental health key to defeating virus
- Kogi Poly expels 25 students for examination malprcatice