(Xinhua/NAN) A community group in Hong Kong on Thursday launched an online petition to express opposition to the violence by black-clad masked rioters.
The petition was initiated by Safeguard Hong Kong, a group formed by people from different sectors in the community.
The group aims to fight against the backdrop that some black-clad masked rioters, in disregard of the anti-mask regulation enacted by the HKSAR government.
The rioters kept committing arson, vandalizing shops and assaulting residents and visitors in different parts of Hong Kong.
The rioters’ violent acts have plunged Hong Kong into “black terror’’ and badly affected people’s work, study and life.
Kennedy Wong Ying-ho, convener of the group, said that if these acts of sabotage were not stopped, the hard-earned achievements of generations of people in Hong Kong would be destroyed.
He urged those who do not want to see the self-destruction of Hong Kong to participate in the online petition so as to rally public strength against the “black terror’’, as well as support for the anti-mask regulation, and to convey the mainstream voice against violence in Hong Kong to the outside world. (Xinhua/NAN)
Edited by Hadiza Mohammed/Emmanuel Yashim
Watch Live News
- Yobe Aluminum, Flour, Feeds factories begin production
- Ecuador’s former President Correa sentenced to 8 yrs in prison
- Lockdown: NUJ warns against harassing journalists
- Reactions trail bill seeking 2-month free power supply
- Covid 19: Kano debunks rumoured case of Covid 19 in the state
- Lockdown: FCT minister threatens tougher measures over violations
- Tinubu condoles with Wamakko over brother’s death
- Kebbi Gov’s wife takes COVID-19 sensitisation to christian worship centres
- World Health Day: NOA commends healthcare workers
- Ekiti Assembly passes Public Procurement Bill into law