Tunde Morakinyo, Chairman, League Management Committee (LMC) of the Nigeria Volleyball Federation (NVBF), on Saturday said competition in the 2019 Volleyball Divisions One and Two will begin on Friday in Ilorin.
Morakinyo said the federation was set to give participating clubs a conducive environment for the tournament.
“The level of preparation ahead of the competition is very high, and we are having a combination of clubs in both the divisions one and two at the same time and venue.
”We have officials on ground already working on how to have a conducive environment, to monitor the preparation of the hall and to get possible accommodation for players and their officials.
“There will be relegation of clubs which at the end of the day did not perform well and there will also be promotion for the best clubs to the premier league.
”This year’s tournament will be glamorous because the federation is working hard to make the event one to remember for good,” he said.
The NBBF official urged the players and their officials to be of good conduct before, during and after the competition.
He said that the first phase of the 2019 Volleyball Premier League would commence on July 30 in Asaba.
(Edited by Remi Koleoso and Olawale Alabi)
- Bayelsa Poll: NGO decries tense political atmosphere, sues for restraint
- Adamawa government sacks polytechnic staff
- Bishop commends Gov. El-Rufai for stopping demolition of 110-year-old Church
- Trump open to deal with democrats over Obama’s DACA programme
- Minister tasks Defence Attachés on new security challenges
- 25th Anniversary: Sweet Sensation will improve on ‘Feeding the Hungry’ programme, says MD
- NYSC appeals to Kano State Govt over dilapidated orientation camp road
- Police Commission deploys 45 monitors for Kogi, Bayelsa elections
- Russia, Somalia recommit to jointly combating terrorism – Foreign ministry
- Gombe assembly impeaches deputy speaker
- CONMESS: COOUTH doctors have no need to embark on strike — Anambra Govt
- Fire guts a section of Niger Government House
- Ogun : Road traffic crashes claim 301 lives in 10 months – FRSC
- Rivers: Youth Leader wants probe of 28 NDDC contracts abandoned in Andoni LGA
- Regular training remains critical to Nigerian Army’s constitutional role–Buratai
- Senate appeals to FG to ban importation of textile for 5 years
- Expert cautions women on choice of Brassiers
- Man, 34, jailed six months in Osun for theft, assault
- Reps call for policies to facilitate investments in gold mining
- NGO tasks communities on intercultural, interreligious harmony