“One of the victims died on the spot, while the other one died at the hospital. The third person who is in a critical condition is receiving treatment at the Ashongman Community Hospital,” the Ga East Municipal coordinator for the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) Seth Kissi told Xinhua.
He said the incident, which occurred at New Ashongman Estates, a suburb of the Ghanaian capital, is under investigation.
An eyewitness Kwame Appiah told Xinhua that a construction firm, which was reshaping roads in the community, had left trenches so close to the walls along the roads.
“Each time it rains, we see the walls tilting towards the road, making it very dangerous. This morning, while three workers of the construction firm were working in the trench, the wall collapsed on them,” Appiah said.
A combined team of officials from NADMO and the area’s local government later came in to demolish all the walls along the road under construction.
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Lunguda/Waja unrest: Adamawa deputy governor calls for peace
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies