By Afusat Agunbiade-Oladipo
Ilorin, July 9, 2020 (NAN) The outgoing Vice-Chancellor of Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Prof. Taofeek Ibrahim, on Thursday, said that COVID-19 did not alter the academic calendar of the institution.
Ibrahim made this known while featuring on the ‘News Keg’, a programme of the Correspondents’ Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists at NUJ Press Centre in Ilorin.
According to him, the institution has completed all its academic session online.
The VC said that the initial vision he had was to enhance teaching and learning with technology, which the institution had started before COVID-19.
“But with the closure of schools, we achieved a trailblazer by continuing our classes online through which our student wrote their examinations.
“Our calendar has not been altered even with the lockdown.
“We used our ICT infrastructure, Whatsapp, Zoom and Telegraph.
“The only way to save the lives of our children in this time of pandemic is to enhance teaching and learning with technology,’’ Ibrahim said.
The VC pointed out that he had already envisaged what was going to happen when he saw the trend of the global pandemic early in the year.
He said that the situation gave the university the advantage to start online lecturing of students through online applications. (NAN)
Edited By: Buhari Bolaji/Abdulfatah Babatunde (NAN)
- Risk of nuclear weapons use high, UN chief warns
- Scholes urges Man-U to target Kane over Sancho
- Indonesia plans cash transfers for nearly 14 million workers
- UNGA president urges global recommitment to nuclear disarmament
- Disasters: Lawyer advises traders to embrace insurance policies
- I will reduce infrastructural deficit in Oyo, says Makinde
- United States offers $10m for information on election intruders
- Canada joins `vaccine nationalism’ race
- NALDA partners Abia to boost agriculture
- COVID-19 real, Ohaneze warns traders in Cross River