Saturday 28th March 2020, the Government of The Gambia through the Ministry of Health received medical supplies donated by Jack Ma Foundation at a colourful ceremony at Banjul International Airport.
The Chinese Ambassador to The Gambia H.E. Ma Jianchun on behalf of the People's Republic of China handing over the donation to the World Food Programme Country Representative Madam Wanja Kaaria who also handed over to the World Organisation Country Representative Dr. Desta Tiruneh for onward transmission to the Hon. Minister of Health Dr. Ahmadou Lamin Samateh.
In receiving the medical supplies, the Hon. Minister of Health expressed delight to the donor and he stated that the supplies will go a long way in enhancing our response efforts against COVID-19 in The Gambia.
The donated supplies includes 100,000 face masks, 20,000 testing kits, 740 protective clothing and 1,000 sets of protective sheilds were later handed over by the Hon. Minister to Mr. Babanding Sabally the Director of National Pharmaceutical Services and Chairperson of the sub-committee on logistics and safety under the National Health Emergency Committee.
COVID-19 is real and together we can make a difference.
- France reports more than 28,500 coronavirus deaths
- Gov. Matawalle appoints new Emir of Kaura Namoda
- COVID-19: NCDC activates additional 2 labs, bringing total to 28
- Espanyol, Leganes offer free 2020-2021 season tickets to fans
- Lockdown: Anambra, Delta adopt strategies to check movement on Niger Bridge
- Putin reschedules WWII parade to June 24 after delay due to pandemic
- Gov Abiodun mourns Chief Imam of Egbaland, Orunsolu
- Masari expresses worries over Katsina’s COVID-19 status
- Banditry: Group urges FG to review security response system
- Tourism-dependent countries in Europe look to mid-June ‘D-Day’
- We stemmed militancy in Delta through infrastructure, youth empowerment – Okowa
- Macron promises 8bn euros to aid virus-hit French car industry
- ECB says pandemic amplifies pre-existing financial risks
- Kenyan gov’t to clear 50km traffic jam at border into landlocked Uganda – Minister
- COVID-19: Bayelsa vows to continue, complete demolition of illegal structures in Yenogoa
- Buhari salutes Chief Edwin Clark at 93
- Chile’s LATAM airline files for bankruptcy after COVID-19 decimates sales
- Adewumi’s appointment as KWASU Chancellor, step in right direction – VC
- Cross River Government to commence enforcement of `wrong parking’ from June 1
- Tor Tiv lauds Hausa community over peace efforts in Benue