Kwara Deputy Governor and Chairman of the Technical Committee on Coronavirus, Mr Kayode Alabi, has stressed the need for residents of the state to always adhere strictly to the COVID-19 safety protocols.
Alabi spoke on Sunday in Ilorin shortly after some of his aides tested positive for the COVID-19 in Ilorin.
He warned that the disease was real and a present danger that required serious caution.
Alabi explained that the government was determined to flatten the curve of coronavirus and curb community transmission.
The deputy governor disclosed that the aides had been admitted to the COVID 19 Infectious Centre at Sobi Specialist Hospital Ilorin.
He called on Kwarans to take responsibility in the fight against the disease.
Alabi added that the only antidote against COVID-19 was to obey all government and health officials precautionary measures .
According to him, such measures include wearing of face masks, avoidance of large gathering, adherence to physical distancing and washing of hands with soap under running water or sanitiser among others.
He also advised all Ministries, Departments and Agencies to emulate his action by allowing their staff to go for testing.
Edited By: Modupe Adeloye/Mufutau Ojo) (NAN)
- Board decries increase in maternal, newborn mortality in Plateau
- FG will prosecute destroyers of Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport fence – Minister
- IPAC dissolves interim committee, fixes Sept. 5 for election
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery activities Friday to Sunday
- Nigeria’s low COVID-19 cases due to low sample collection — NCDC
- Members pass vote of confidence in ALGON president, Kolade Alabi
- Osinbajo advocates purpose-built software for virtual court proceedings
- Oyo govt. to spend N5.5bn to remodel Salami Stadium
- Resurgence of COVID-19 on health workers worrisome — Minister
- NGO empowers 40 rehabilitated youths in Kwara