COVID-19 UPDATE #17 SUMMARY:
1. No new COVID-19 case recorded in Zambia in four days.
2. In 24hrs, 99 tests conducted: 72 truck drivers, 11 contacts to the deceased patient and 16 persons under investigation.
3. Two (2)more discharged: Total now five(5)
4. Out of 6,450 persons classified as high risk due to travel history, 1,598 completed the 14 day mandatory quarantine.
5. A cumulative total of 351 alerts notified have been cleared as non-cases.
- 2,355 new COVID-19 infections detected in Qatar, total 55,262
- UK House of Commons urged to continue virtual meetings amid COVID-19 threat
- Shallow quake strikes off central Indonesia
- India enters Lockdown Phase 5 till June 30
- SADC set to turn COVID-19 challenge into opportunity of emboldening industrialization
- Survey shows 75 pct of schools in rural Zambia not ready to reopen
- 5.5-magnitude quake hits 196 km SE of Sarangani, Philippines — USGS
- Philippines reports 590 new COVID-19 cases, total exceeds 17,000
- Ethiopia’s COVID-19 cases surpass 1,000 as 95 new cases confirmed
- Edo primary: APC Chieftain urges members against causing disaffection
- Juju musicians salute Shina Peters at 62
- Online exhibition of drawings by children from SCO countries opens in Tashkent
- Residents laud Gov. Zulum’s achievements in Borno in 1 year
- Stakeholders mourn ex-NNPC GMD, Baru
- COVID-19 cases in Belarus rise to 41,658
- Anniversary: Kwara artisans appeal to Gov. AbdulRasaq for revolving loan
- Kogi primary healthcare launches website to boost service delivery
- Spotlight: UK consumer behaviour shifts amid coronavirus lockdown
- Kenya to enforce ban on single-use plastics in protected areas
- Serbia firmly supports China in safeguarding national sovereignty, security regarding Hong Kong, Vucic tells Xi in letter