A Batch C 2018 National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member, Dr Iyetunji Niyi-Isaiah, has renovated Efulu-Basal Primary Health Care Centre in Bida, Niger, with N220,000
Niyi-Isaiah, who is deployed to the Federal Medical Centre, Bida, for his primary assignment, disclosed this during the inauguration of the facility on Sunday.
He said the renovation was part of his community development project for Bida community which also included medical consumables and infrastructure for clinic.
He said that N220,000 was spent on the renovation of Efulu-Basal Primary Health Care facility in Bida, Niger.
Niyi-Isaiah explained that his intervention would directly reduce the overwhelming burden on the tertiary healthcare centres and also support the Federal Government agenda on revitalisation of primary healthcare centre in each of the political wards in Nigeria.
“l can boldly say that as a Youth Corp member, I have contributed my own quota toward achieving this goal.
“If my name fades from this building, the people of Bida community will not forget the impact of NYSC on the community.
” I have also achieved some personal community development service project which I have been able to mobilise resources and volunteers to successfully implement,” he said.
He said the services he rendered included deworming of 2,000 schools children, free skills acquisition programme and entrepreneur seminars for secondary school students.
Others included construction of incinerator box for medical waste disposal in Bida community.
Edited by Tayo Ikujuni and Abdullahi Yusuf
- Belgian tourism affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- New York officials urge stop of violence in George Floyd protests
- S. Korea reports 27 more COVID-19 cases, 11,468 in total
- New Yorkers continue to protest over George Floyd’s death
- U.S. Seattle announces curfew for weekend after protests
- S. Africa allows phased reopening of tourism amid COVID-19
- New Zealand reports no new COVID-19 case for 9 consecutive days
- S. Africa’s COVID-19 cases surpass 30,000
- Rwanda reports first COVID-19 death
- 1st LD Writethru: 5.3-magnitude quake hits 1210 km N of Acarau, Brazil — USGS
- Los Angeles declares curfew after four days of protests
- Belgium’s hospitality industry heavily affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Portuguese president, PM pay tribute to firefighters amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Hundreds of people arrested after protests against police brutality in Los Angeles
- Cuba backs WHO after U.S. announces terminating relationship
- Spotlight: NASA, SpaceX launch first crewed mission from U.S. soil since 2011
- Feature: Deported Salvadoran recalls dangerous conditions, inadequate care at U.S. detention center during pandemic
- People protest in U.S. Oakland over police-custody death of George Floyd
- Global COVID-19 cases top 6 mln — Johns Hopkins University
- SpaceX launches NASA astronauts into orbit on historic mission