Alhaji Abdulrahman Maigoro, the Chairman, Keffi Local Government Council of Nasarawa State, has urged stakeholders to continue to educate the people on the need to adhere strictly to COVID-19 protocols.
Maigoro made the appeal in a statement issued by his media aide, Mr Shuaibu Mohammed, a copy 9f which was made available to the News Agency of Nigeria in Keffi on Wednesday.
The statement said that the chairman made the call during the stakeholders and expanded security meeting of the area in Keffi.
Maigoro said that the call has became imperative as every leader needs the support of his people to succeed and the need to educate the people in order to stay safe for the overall development of the area, the state and the country at large.
The chairman said “there is the need for all of us to adhere strictly to COVID-19 safety measures.
”Which include wearing of face masks, regular washing of hands, use of hand sanitisers and we should embrace social distancing, among others.
”For us to achieve this, we need the cooperation of all and sundry in the interest of our health and for the overall development of our locality, the state and the country at large,” he said.
The council boss urged traders who are operating along the road sides to relocate to the new Keffi modern market in order to boost the socioeconomic activities of the area and the state at large.
On security, the chairman urged the people to live in peace, tolerate one another and respect constituted authorities for development to thrive.
Maigoro also called on the people of the area to support government policies and programmes in order to enjoy more dividends of democracy.
The chairman restated his administration’s continued commitment to key into peoples’ oriented projects that would better the lives of the people.
He solicited for the support of stakeholders and other people of the area in order to take the council to the next level of development.
According to the statement, the meeting was attended by the council officials, some traditional rulers, political leaders, security agencies, market union leaders, NURTW and NARTO officials, among others.
Edited By: Modupe Adeloye/Muhammad Suleiman Tola (NAN)
- Barca’s Pique calls for wholesale changes after “shameful” defeat
- INEC seeks stakeholders collaboration in instituting electoral transparency
- Bayern Munich must stay grounded in spite of Barca demolition, coach says
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria