Zango Local Government Council in Katsina State has distributed 10,000 units of exercise books and writing materials to 47 primary and junior secondary schools in the area.
Alhaji Hassan Kawari the Council Chairman who presented the items to the respective school headmasters and principals in Zango on Wednesday, said the gesture was part of his administration’s effort to promote education.
He urged the school heads to ensure equitable distribution among the pupils and students, stressing that the council would strictly monitor compliance.
“These items are provided to your schools free of charge, hence on no condition should they be diverted for sale, ” he warned.
He added that the council would continue to execute projects and initiatives that would spur the quest for scholarship in the area.
The chairman stressed that the council would also continue mobilising stakeholders including parents to ensure mass enrolment of students into schools.
In his remarks, the Education Secretary, Ibrahim Sabiu, described the efforts of the council as timely and a worthwhile venture that would add value to education in the area.
Sabiu called on elites and relevant stakeholders to emulate the council by donating generously towards the development of education, stressing that education was the bedrock of development of humanity, without which the society would be doomed.
Edited by Isaac Aregbesola/Maharazu Ahmed
- NAHCO generates N7.38bn revenue in nine months
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline
- Kebbi Govt to disburse N1.5bn loan to livestock farmers
- FG says other options available for social media regulation
- Why we decided to work in harmony with Executive-Lawan
- Buhari writes Scientific Magazine, says planting trees solution to conflicts
- Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges support for indigenous companies to grow
- Kogi poll: Coalition calls for level playing ground for all candidates
- U.S. wants coalition to focus on foreign IS fighters, Africa
- Ember Months: FRSC decry high rate of accidents in Nasarawa
- Yuletide: FRSC harps on safe-driving culture to ensure zero crash, zero fatality