A Gudu Grade I Area Court in Abuja has ordered a divorce seeking housewife, Fatima Shetima to refund N20,000 settlement to her husband, Mohammed, as a condition for divorce.
The petitioner, who filed a case against her husband, told the court that she could no longer tolerate her husband of three years and wished to divorce him.
Fatima told the court that her husband was always verbally abusing her and calling her a prostitute.
The respondent, however, said he still loved his wife, and told the court he was not interested in the money.
The Judge, Ado Muktar, said that as stipulated by Islamic law, when a couple finds it difficult to live together, then the court should not force them.
“I, Ado Muktar, hereby, dissolve the marriage between Mohammed and Fatima as stipulated by the Islamic law,” he said.
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership
- United States-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi