Ibadan, June 11, 2019 Chief Ademola Odunade, the President of a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan, on Tuesday dissolved the eight year-old marriage between one Zainab Adewole and her husband, Seun, over abandonment and irresponsibility.
Odunade, who led two other arbitrators, Alhaji Suleiman Apanpa and Mr Rafiu Olasunkanmi, said that the court was unhappy that a man who should fend for his family neglected his responsibilities.
“In the interest of peaceful living, the union between Zainab and Seun has ceased to be.
“Custody of the two children produced by the union is awarded to Zainab while Seun shall pay a monthly feeding allowance of N10,000 for the children’s upkeep.
“In addition, Seun shall be responsible for their education and other welfare needs,” the arbitrator said.
Earlier in her petition, Zainab, a school teacher, said that her husband was fond of abandoning her and their two children.
“Since I got married to Seun in 2011, I never had rest of mind and care.
“In fact, Seun never knew how I gave birth to our two children because he was never around.
“Seun was travelling about as if his entire life depended on it.
“Despite his endless travels, Seun starved the children and I.
“His trips takes between one and three months and he even impregnated somebody in Lagos in the process.
“Due to Seun’s constant absence at home, different men started wooing me believing that I no longer had any husband.
“I complained to him, but he did nothing about it.
“My lord, my mind is no longer with Seun, I have found a new love in who I wish to be with,” Zainab stated.
The respondent, who opposed the suit, did not refute any of the allegations leveled against him.
Seun, however, prayed the court to persuade his wife to reconsider her decision to seek for divorce.
“I did not abandon Zainab for three months, I had always sent my relatives to her whenever I’m not arround,” Seun said.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business