A Grade I Area Court in Karmo, Abuja, has sentenced one Abdullazin Abdulganiu, to three months in prison, for stealing from a mosque, a cap and a Techno phone, both worth N60,000.
The judge, Mr Inuwa Maiwada, sentenced Abdulganiu on Wdnesday, after he pleaded guilty to stealing and begged for leniency.
Maiwada however gave the convict an option to pay a fine of N3,000 and warned him to stay away from crimes and be of good behavior.
Earlier, the Prosecution counsel, Ijeoma Ukagha, told the court that one Musa, of Ansaruldeen Mosque reported the incident at the Utako Police Station, on March 3.
Ukagha said the convict went to the mosque on the same date, and stole the complainant’s cap and Techno phone both valued atN60,000.
He said during police investigation, the convict was arrested and the items recovered from him.
Ukagha said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 288 of the Penal Code.
- U.S. Democratic lawmakers expand probe into firing of State Department inspector general
- UN calls for investigation into killing of 30 migrants in Libya
- New bridge under construction in Genoa, Italy
- Nigeria records 387 new cases of COVID-19, active cases now 6344
- S.Korea reports 39 more COVID-19 cases, 11,441 in total
- 17 more people tested positive for COVID-19 in Myanmar, 224 cases in total
- COVID-19 cases surpass 170,000 in India, death toll at 4971
- CDS’s death: General Court Martial sentences six aides in probe
- UNIFIL awards Chinese woman for exceptional role in peacekeeping in S. Lebanon
- U.S. Fed chief fears second wave of COVID-19 outbreak would undermine recovery
- 13 new COVID-19 cases reported in southern Libya
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits 1965 km SW of Lajes das Flores, Portugal — USGS
- COVID-19 cases surpass 170,000 in India, death toll at 4,971
- 5.5-magnitude quake hits 193 km S of Kokopo, Papua New Guinea — USGS
- World Bank approves 15 mln USD for Cambodia’s pre-service education system for health professionals
- World Bank says COVID-19 epidemic poses greatest threat to Cambodia’s development
- Cambodia reports 1 more imported COVID-19 case, 125 in total
- White House on lockdown as protests over Floyd’s death reach U.S. capital amid nationwide rage
- No new case in New Zealand for eight consecutive days
- Int’l passenger air travel resumes in Slovenia’s capital