An Ikeja High Court in Lagos State on Tuesday ordered that two artisans; Matthew Gbenga, 23 and Sodiq Green, 22, who allegedly murdered their friend, be remanded in a correctional facility.
Justice Hakeem Oshodi, who gave the order, adjourned the case until April 22 for trial.
Earlier, the state Prosecutor, M.O. Abari, told the court that the defendants allegedly killed Gbenga Boye at 2 a.m. on July 16, 2017, at the Itunmeko Area, Igbogbo, Ikorodu, Lagos.
“The defendants were friends with Boye, the deceased. On the day of the incident, Boye was upset over loosing a bet to another friend of theirs.
“Gbenga told Boye to get over his loss, Boye was angered by what Gbenga told him and this led to a fight.
“During the ensuing argument hit him on the head with a stone. Boye died shortly after,” he said.
The offence, the prosecution said, contravened the provisions of Section 223 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.
Edited by: Bayo Sekoni/Sadiya Hamza
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse
- For Europe’s “super clubs”, UEFA Champions League determines all
- YYA sues for peace in Ondo Assembly, condoles with Ogun over Kashamu
- Ilorin communities appeal to Gov. AbdulRazaq over damaged culvert