An Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday ordered that two friends, Samson Shittu, 25, and Ramoni Animashaun, 24, who allegedly raped a 21-year-old woman, be remanded in Kirikiri Prison.
The Chief Magistrate, P.E. Nwaka, did not take the plea of the defendants.
Nwaka ordered that the case file be sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions for legal advice.
He adjourned the case until June 13 for mention.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Shittu, a vulcaniser, lives at No. 26, Oluyeye St., Mafoluku, Oshodi, while Animashaun lives at No.7, Osundeyi St., Mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos.
The Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Christopher John, told the court that the defendants committed the offence on April 26, at Osundeyi St., Mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos.
John said that the defendants and others, at large, conspired and unlawfully gang-raped a 21-year-old woman.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 411, 260 and 2616 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
- NANTS urges FG, others, to address Ghanaian authorities attack on Nigerian traders
- Why creative content producers should register with LSFVCB – PMAN
- Nigeria-India trade relations thrived amid COVID-19 – Envoy
- Fintiri mourns ex-gov., Juta, declares 3 days mourning
- A’ Ibom Govt. sensitises 948 flood prone coastal villages
- UAE donates 7.5 tonnes of medical supplies to Nigerian Govt.
- Police arrest human trafficking kingpin in Katsina State
- Lagos-Ibadan Rail to begin operations with 16 trips daily – NRC
- Our borrowings are justified – FG says
- Military airstrike hits bandits’ camp, kills scores in Kaduna forest