A Magistrates’ Court sitting in Kano on Tuesday ordered the remand of two men -Abdullahi Surajo,28, and Ibrahim Ali,27, in prison for alleged trespass and robbery.
The defendants, whose house addresses were not provided, were arraigned on a four-count charge of criminal conspiracy, criminal trespass, mischief and armed robbery.
Police prosecutor, Insp. Mohammed Bakori, told the court that the defendants committed the offence on April 24, 2019, at about 4 a.m., at Gandujiya Housing Estate, Kwanar Dawaki, Zaria Road.
Bakori alleged that they criminally conspired with one Nasiru Muhammed now at large, by going into the estate situated at Gurjiya Village, Kwanar Dawaki, and committed the crime after attacking security guards on duty with knives.
“The defendants removed some doors, toilet seats and wash hand sinks with total value of N264,000,” he said.
According to the prosecutor, the offence contravenes Sections 97,348,327 and 298 of the penal code.
They pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Senior Magistrate, Hajiya Fauziyya Sheshe, ordered the remand of the defendants in prison and adjourned the matter until Sept.25, for mention.
Edited by Kevin Okunzuwa/Ali Baba-Inuwa
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism