A Karmo Grade I Area Court, Abuja, on Monday ordered that two security guards, who allegedly stole two industrial air conditioners worth N1.2 million, be remanded in a correctional centre.
The judge, Alhaji Inuwa Maiwada, who gave the order, adjourned matter until Oct. 2 for hearing in the bail application of the defendants.
The police charged Okachi Gabriel, 34, and Bunde Terhemba, 35, who live Karmo Abuja with joint act and theft.
The prosecutor, Mrs Ijeoma Ukagha, told the court that Mr Otor Lazarus, reported the matter oat the Karmo Police Station on Aug. 23.
Ukagha alleged that the complainant employed the defendants as security guards and were attached to Cognitive Yard CCECC Company, Idu to secure their property.
She alleged that the defendants jointly and dishonestly stole two industrial air conditioners valued N1.2m.
Ukagha alleged that during police investigation the defendants admitted committing the crime.
The defendants alleged that they sold the two industrial air conditioners for N21, 000 to Idris Abdulrahamam.
The offence, she said, contravened the provisions of sections 79 and 289 of the Penal Code Law.
The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty. (NAN)
Edited By Adeboye Ajayi/Sadiya Hamza
- Catholic bishops kick against outcome of conference on population, development
- 30 ships with petroleum products, food items expected in Lagos — NPA
- DPR seals 56 petrol stations in C/River for sharp practices
- South-South Zonal FRSC warns personnel against extorting motorists
- Be alert to signs of Charcoal Anthrax in livestocks- LASG
- Security: Olomu seeks constitutional roles for monarchs
- Oil prices fall as U.S. crude stocks jump
- Butcher in court for allegedly stealing cell phone at `knife point’
- Man remanded in Kirikiri for allegedly robbing occupants of N 2.2m valuables
- Senate mandates committee to investigate issues on foreign vessels
- Strike: MDCAN decries exit of 45 medical personnel of COOUTH
- Commission dissatisfied with work at $1.5b Ede power substation
- UNICEF to train stakeholders on child protection issues in Kaduna – official
- Food Security: APPEALS reiterates commitment to supporting FG enhance agricultural productivity
- Reps to investigate alleged corruption in NUC in universities’ accreditation
- UN declares 2020 as international year of plant health – IITA
- Over 279 erosion sites in Abia receiving attention – NEWMAP
- NGO empowers 500 people living with disabilities in ICT skills- Sanwo-Olu’s wife
- NIS tasks stakeholders to curb smuggling of migrants, trafficking
- FRC blames AMCON for delaying 215mw power project in Kaduna
- Nigerians trust social media more than television, radio for corruption information – SERAP
- Community policing: Collaboration between traditional, state authorities most imperative—Buhari
- Uber, Bolt, others not banned at airports – FAAN
- Court remands 4 suspects in custody for allegedly trading in human parts
- NIMC extends Diaspora enrollment to Togo, Niger, Ireland, Chicago
- Buhari shows commitment to fight against corruption-Sen. Utazi
- Punch and its sinister motives for attacks on President Buhari, by Garba Shehu
- Lack of inter-connectivity, bane of nation’s transportation sector — Expert
- Man bags 2 months jail term for stealing mobile phone
- Expert urges new FIRS boss to improve IT for tax expansion
- China encourages whistleblowing to improve market regulation
- Aswan Forum: Peace remains key to achieving rapid development in Africa – Buhari
- NDIC urges banks, stakeholders to address financial inclusion challenges
- Austrian top court revokes sweeping electronic surveillance laws
- Gov. Matawalle assigns portfolios to new cabinet members
- UNESCO classifies 4 traditional practices as endangered
- Group urges FG to regularly wage war against treasury looters
- NGO sensitises Zamfara women on need for participating in governance
- 32 students bag first class as Crawford varsity holds 11th convocation
- ITF trains over 300,000 youths in various skills in 6 years – Official
- French government exempts people born before 1975 from pension reform
- Sexagenarian arraigned for allegedly stealing 2 children
- Book on Nanjing Massacre survivor’s life published
- High-speed railway linking Beijing and Inner Mongolia in trial operation
- Housewife wants court to divorce marriage over lack of care
- Unemployed man gets N300, 000 bail for alleged impersonation
- Dry season: Farmers renew call for early distribution of inputs
- Group calls for end to electoral violence against women, girls
- NGO inaugurates campaign against jungle justice
- Expert harps on improving tourism sector