A Karmo Grade I Area Court, Abuja, on Monday ordered that two security guards, who allegedly stole two industrial air conditioners worth N1.2 million, be remanded in a correctional centre.
The judge, Alhaji Inuwa Maiwada, who gave the order, adjourned matter until Oct. 2 for hearing in the bail application of the defendants.
The police charged Okachi Gabriel, 34, and Bunde Terhemba, 35, who live Karmo Abuja with joint act and theft.
The prosecutor, Mrs Ijeoma Ukagha, told the court that Mr Otor Lazarus, reported the matter oat the Karmo Police Station on Aug. 23.
Ukagha alleged that the complainant employed the defendants as security guards and were attached to Cognitive Yard CCECC Company, Idu to secure their property.
She alleged that the defendants jointly and dishonestly stole two industrial air conditioners valued N1.2m.
Ukagha alleged that during police investigation the defendants admitted committing the crime.
The defendants alleged that they sold the two industrial air conditioners for N21, 000 to Idris Abdulrahamam.
The offence, she said, contravened the provisions of sections 79 and 289 of the Penal Code Law.
The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty. (NAN)
Edited By Adeboye Ajayi/Sadiya Hamza
- FG begins feasibility study for Brass Shipyard project
- Judicial system integrity pivotal to all spheres of society -Osinbajo
- INEC appoints new REC, Administrative Secretary for Bayelsa
- Katsina State Govt urges communities to provide intelligence information on banditry, criminal activities
- Human rights activist calls for action to stop killings in Southern Kaduna
- Expert urges shipowners to negotiate with AMCON to forestall foreclosure
- FG spends N14bn on CCT, school feeding in Jigawa within 29 months
- PDP supporters in Dogara’s hometown defect to APC, say former Speaker, their ‘political godfather’
- Rotary Club plant trees against climate change impact in Abuja
- NiDCOM chief mourns basketball player, Michael Ojo