The defendants were arraigned on a three-count charge of conspiracy, kidnapping and armed robbery.
The police prosecutor, Mr Michael Ojey, told the court that the defendants conspired to kidnap Ganiyat Isau, 39 and Adaramoja Feranmi, 7 at Idi-Ororo Area, Ibadan.
Ojey said that the defendants also robbed the victims of their belongings, valued at N650, 000.
He said that the incident took place on Jan. 27, 2018, at 2: 40 a.m.
According to the prosecutor, the offences contravene sections 2 and 6 of the Kidnapping and Firearms Special Provision Act, 2000.
The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Justice Mashud Abas, adjourned the case until March 13, for hearing of the bail application.
- Court sentences hairdresser to 3 months in prison for stealing shoes
- Gunmen kill 3 policemen in Kaduna LG
- Kaduna Govt takes over medical bills of woman locked up for 2 years by brother
- LUTH CMD reiterates commitment to efficient service delivery
- Housewife drags husband to court, seeks divorce over alleged rape
- MainOne’s CEO advocates broadband penetration for devt of digital economy
- APC heads to Appeal Court over disqualification of Deputy Governorship candidate
- Erdogan meets Trump at White House at testing time for U.S.-Turkey ties
- Nationwide Handball League: We’re confident of winning, says Anambra Coach
- Police recruitment: Court adjourns for PSC to respond to AGF’s application
- EU’s Juncker set to leave intensive care after aneurysm operation
- FRSC urges public to assist victims of road traffic crashes
- Man drags friend’s ex fiancée to court over alleged criminal intimidation, defamation
- Former Springboks coach Meyer steps down at Stade Francais
- Probably my best ever, says Thiem after Djokovic win
- Xhaka deserves respect, says former Arsenal skipper Vieira
- Group blames obsolete equipment for incessant collapse of national grid
- Gov. Ikpeazu urges Abia indigenes in South Africa to identify with state’s industrial revolution
- Court sentences truck driver to 2 years in prison for smuggling rice
- Bauchi Govt, MaxAir sign MOU on air transport services