A Magistrates’ Court in Gombe on Wednesday ordered that 40-year– old man, Kabiru Abdullahi, who pleaded guilty to sodomising his neighbour’s 14-year-old son, be remanded in a correctional facility, pending sentencing.
Abdullahi pleaded guilty and begged the court for leniency.
Chief Magistrate Babayo Usamatu, who gave the order, adjourned the case until Nov. 28, for sentencing.
Earlier in the First Information Report (FIR), the Police Prosecutor, Insp. Bako Shekari told the court that the defendant, who resides n Tashan Magarya in Kumo, Akko LGA, Gombe State, committed the offence in October.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 284 of the Penal Code law.
Shekari further prayed the court to order the defendant to pay N40, 000 as compensation and for medical examination.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Farm inputs: Women farmers laud Gov. Buni
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Bauchi SUBEB’s Chairman warns engineers against use of substandard materials for projects