An Ebute-Meta, Magistrates’ Court sitting at Oyingbo, Lagos, on Wednesday remanded six men for allegedly robbing N10,000 with arms.
The defendants – Jamiu Babangida, 27; Suleimon Lateef, 22; Umar Mohammed, 25; Nasiru Sanni, 23; Sodiq Mohammed, 24, and Rabiu Adam, 20 – are standing trial on a two-count charge of conspiracy and armed robbery.
The prosecutor, Insp. Olatunde Kehinde, told the court that the defendants and others at large committed the offences on June 16, at 8:00p.m, at Odusawo Idi-Araba, Surulere, Lagos.
Kehinde alleged that the defendants, while armed with cutlasses and knives, robbed one Mr Stephen Victor of N10,000.
According to him, the offences contravene Sections 298 and 299 of the
Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the plea of the defendants were not taken by the court.
The prosecutor, however, informed the court of an application dated July 1, seeking to remand the defendants pending advice of the state Director of Public Prosecutions.
However, the defendants’ counsel, Mr Ali Abang, told the court that the charge was conflicting.
The Magistrate, Mrs Abimbola Komolafe, remanded the defendants in a correctional centre pending the advice.
She adjourned the case until July 29 for mention.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu/Ijeoma Popoola (NAN)
- Ogbomoso community commends Buhari for honouring late premier
- NEPZA mulls incentives, loans for enterprises in Free Trade Zones
- Bauchi Emir reinstates Bello Kirfi as Waziri of Bauchi
- Police arrest 45 suspects for various offences in Borno
- Dubai Tourism didn’t ban Nigerians from UAE- Official
- Coalition decries attack on Gov. Zulum’s convoy
- IPMAN directs members to sell petrol at N150 per litre in Kano
- Senate urges states to partner NBTI for job creation
- FUTA suspends student who allegedly hacked Premium Times website
- Bale left out of Real Madrid squad to face Man City