An Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court on Monday remanded nine unemployed men over alleged dispossession of cars and other valuables at gunpoint.
The defendants are: Musa Akeem, 24; Abbey Macdonald, 25; Collins Ikechukwu, 23; Uche John, 31; Bolanle Olamide, 21; Benjamin Okafor, 33; Sylvester Anyebe, 23; Godwin Ani, 23, and Omo Mezie, 22.
They are facing charges of conspiracy and robbery.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs G. O. Anifowose, who did not take their pleas, ordered that they should be kept in the Kirikiri Correctional Facility, Lagos, pending advice from the state director of public prosecutions.
Anifowose adjourned the case until Jan. 9, 2020, for mention.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Sgt. Felicia Okwori, told the court that the defendants committed the offences between April 4 and May 30 at Lekki, Epe and Ajah axis of Lagos.
Okwori alleged that the defendants robbed one Mr Michael Tasker of three laptops valued at N2. 3 million, Nikkon camera worth N700,000, wristwatches valued at N300,000 and a gold necklace worth N265,000.
“Other valuables stolen from Mr Tasker are iPhone X valued at N600,000, Samsung Galaxy X4 valued at N150,000 , Infinix phone valued at N42,000, iPad valued at N200,000, Nike Porche canvas valued at N100,000 and cash of N399,000,” she said.
The prosecutor alleged that defendants also robbed one Mr Kelvin Omoregie of a Toyota Corolla valued at N2 million, at gunpoint.
Okwori further said that the defendants robbed one Mr Emmanuel Goodluck of his Toyota Camry valued at N1.8 million.
“The defendants also robbed Mr Ege Akpos of his Tecno phone valued at N92,000 , iPhone 8 valued at N84,000, Gionee phone valued at N65,000 and a cash of N93,000,” she said.
According to the prosecutor, the alleged offences contravened Sections 219, 297 and 299 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
Edited & Vetted By: Bayo Sekoni/Ijeoma Popoola
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC
- Doctors map out measures to forestall litigations over management of patients’ ailments
- Osinbajo in Ikenne, celebrates Otunba Adesina at 80
- Group wants Nigerians to imbibe waste management culture, recycling
- FG pledges to enhance operations of River Basin Development Authorities in 2020
- Soldiers clean up Ojuelegba axis of Lagos to enhance civilian/military relations
- Enugu hospital turns to pilgrimage ground as residents catch glimpse of quadruplets
- Poor Salary: Kaduna joint tertiary institution unions shelve planned strike
- NIMASA chief urges regular exercise to stay healthy, enhance productivity
- Expert urges Nigerians to imbibe savings culture