When the case was mentioned, the Magistrate, Mrs B.O. Osunsanmi, refused to take the plea of the defendant.
Osunsanmi ordered that Olatunji should be kept behind bars pending the receipt of legal advice from the State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPPs).
She, then adjourned the case until April 14 for mention.
The Prosecutor, ASP. Ezekiel Ayorinde, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Feb.19 at his residence.
Ayorinde said that the defendant unlawfully defiled his neighbour’s eight-year-old girl.
“The defendant called the girl into his room with pretext of sending her on errand.
“When the girl entered, he locked his room and had sexual intercourse with her.
“The girl told her mother when she returned from work that her private parts was paining her.
“The mother asked her who touched her sex organ and she narrated to her mother what the defendant did to her,” the prosecutor said.
Ayorinde said that the girl was taken to the hospital where it was confirmed that she had been defiled.
According to the prosecutor, the case was reported and the defendant was arrested.
The offence violated Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 which prescribes life imprisonment for defilement.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA