Kaduna, April 29, 2019 A Sharia Court l siting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna, on Monday ordered that 21-year-old bus driver, Sani Muhammad, be remanded in prison for allegedly stealing a cellphone from an accident victim.
Muhammad, whose address was not given is charged with theft.
The Judge, Dahiru lawal, gave the order after Muhammad pleaded guilty to the charge.
The judge adjourned the case until May 7, the police to bring witnesses and tender exhibit.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Insp Ibrahim Shu’aibu, told the court that the matter was reported at the Magajin Gari divisional Police Station, Kaduna, by one Adamu Tukur of No. 21 Massallaci road, hayin Na-Iya, Rafin Guza, Kadun State on April 21.
He alleged that the accused stole a Nokia T40 phone, belonging to Tukur who was involved in an accident on Ahmadu Bello way Kaduna.
Shu’aibu said that the phone was retrieved from the defendant during a search.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Vietnamese increasingly shift towards cashless payments
- Tokyo stocks close sharply higher on hopes for economic revivals
- 3SC FC skipper says Gov Makinde, Club’s management “doing very well”
- Homecoming Myanmar migrant workers unlikely to come back for jobs in Thailand: official
- Indian gov’t steps up measures to contain locust swarm as outbreak spreads to 5 states
- 7 soldiers, 19 militants killed in clashes in Afghanistan
- COVID-19 will not affect BiH highway construction
- New Zealand stock market drops
- Kyrgyzstan reports 74 new COVID-19 cases
- 4 boys drown in water-filled hole in Mongolia
- Uganda reports 28 new COVID-19 cases, total reaches 281
- Afghan, U.S., Uzbek officials discuss key issues during video-conference
- S.Korean shares end lower
- National security legislation in India
- Long Island enters first phase of reopening in New York state
- Number of S. Korea’s wage and salary workers rises 3.2 pct in Q4
- Feature: Myanmar female delivery rider stays strong in pursuit of prosperous life amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Fijian police use body cams, drones to track down drug cultivators, pushers
- 7 police killed in W. Afghan attack as Taliban resumes fighting
- 5.1-magnitude earthquake hits Philippine main Luzon Island