An Iyaganku Magistrates’ Court sitting at Ibadan on Friday ordered the remand of a 26-year-old conductor, Kunle Adekola, who allegedly burgled a residential apartment.
The defendant, whose address was not given, is facing a charge of burglary but the court did not take his plea.
The Magistrate, Mrs S. A. Adesina, ordered that Adekoya should be kept at the Agodi Correctional Centre pending advice from the Oyo State Directorate of Public Prosecutions in the case.
She adjourned the case until Dec. 18, for mention.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Sgt. Olalekan Adegbite, told the Court that the defendant on Sept. 7, at 4:10a.m., broke into a residential apartment at Alakia, Ibadan.
Adegbite said: “The defendant stole one Galaxy Tab valued at N160,000, one wrist watch valued at N85, 000 and one silver necklace valued at N7,000,
” The defendant also stole one Samsung Galaxy A8+ valued at N170, 000. The total value of the stolen items is N525,000.
“The items belong to Toyin Akinola and Oluwatimilehin Sodipo of No. 6, Road A, Zone A, Alalubosa Road, Alakia, Ibadan.
” The defendant broke into the house through the window and used stick to lift the items from the house,” Adegbite told the court.
He said the offences contravened Sections 383, 411 (2) of the Criminal Code of Oyo State, 2000.
Edited by Kevin Okunzuwa/Ijeoma Popoola
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed