A Kabusa Grade I Area Court, sitting in Abuja, on Tuesday ordered that a commercial driver, Ibrahim Yinusa, accused of breaking into a businessman’s house and injuring a security guard, be remanded in prison,
The Judge, Ibrahim Kagarko, ordered that the defendant be remanded in Keffi Prison, Nasarawa State.
Kagarko adjourned the case until July 4, for hearing.
The police charged the defendant, with others at large, with three counts of criminal conspiracy, house breaking and causing physical hurt.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Mahmud Lawal, told the court that the defendant broke into the house of Mr Yinka Emmanuel, who lives on Jubilation Comfort Estate Kabusa, Abuja on June 5.
Lawal said the defendant was arrested with three cutlasses, a yellow rope, Techno phone, a wallet containing the identity card of one Mr Ade Isaac, ATM card and N13, 500 by Estate security guards.
He noted that during police investigation, the defendant admitted to inflicting physical injury on one of the security guards with his cutlass.
Lawal said that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 97, 288 and 241 of the Penal Code.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students