A Grade 1 Area Court in Mpape, Abuja, on Tuesday ordered that a 26-year-old hotel attendant, Bello Isiaka, who pleaded guilty to stealing a cell phone from a passerby, be remanded in a correctional facility, pending sentencing.
The Presiding Judge, Salihu Ibrahim, gave the order after Isiaka, 26, pleaded guilty to three counts of criminal conspiracy, causing hurt and theft.
Ibrahim adjourned the case until Jan. 29 for sentencing.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, M.M. Austin, told the court that the defendant beat up the complainant, Muhammad Gaji and injured him in the left eye.
He said that the defendant also disposed the complainant of his wallet containing, First Bsnk ATM card, complimentary cards and a cell phone worth N50, 000.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 97, 287 and 288 of Penal Code.
Edited by: Sadiya Hamza
- Rotary organises free hepatitis, liver screening for Abuja community
- Senate lauds Buhari’s assent to amended CAMA bill
- COVID-19: Nigeria strengthens surveillance to curb spread – WHO
- Condolences: Ekiti Assembly describes Fakiyesi, former lawmaker as an epitome of humility, openness
- ExxonMobil Nigeria gets new chief executive
- Cleric tasks religious leaders on establishing youth skills centres
- Banditry: NASS lauds army operations in North West
- Cricket: 150 participants expected at beginners course for umpires, scorers
- Nasarawa bye-election: Voters use face masks, observe social distancing, laud process
- Enugu govt urges proper exclusive breastfeeding habit