A Surulere Chief Magistrates’ Court on Friday, ordered the indefinite remand in Ikoyi prisons of a 20-year-old man, Abdul Hudu, for his alleged abduction and defilement of a 10-year-old girl.
The defendant, whose house address was not given, was arraigned on a three-count charge bordering on defilement of a minor and abduction.
The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Oluyemisi Adelaja, refused to grant the defendant bail and ordered his indefinte remand in Ikoyi prisons.
She asked the prosecutor to duplicate the case file and forward a copy to the State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for legal advice and adjourned the case until Sept. 19.
Earlier, Police Prosecutor, Anthonia Osayande, said that the defendant had committed the offences between June 30 and July 4, 2019
Osayande alleged that the defendant abducted the 10-year-old girl at a White Guest House, located at No 32, Awoniyi St., Idi-Araba, in Mushin.
She told the court that the defendant allegedly repeatedly had carnal knowledge of the minor at the guest house for six days.
The prosecutor said the offences contravened Sections 137, 141 and 144 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy