An Ebute-meta Chief Magistrates’ Court, on Tuesday, ordered that a 26-year-old man, David Okeshola, who allegedly defiled a 14-year-old girl, be remanded in prison, pending legal advice.
Chief Magistrate Mrs A.O. Adedayo, who did not take the plea of the defendant, ordered that he should be remanded in Kirikiri prison.
Adedayo ordered the Police to send the case file to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for advice and adjourned the case until Oct. 23.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Chinalu Nwadione, told the court that the defendant, who lives at Itire area of Lagos, committed the offence on Sept. 9 at 10.00 a.m.
Nwadione alleged that the case was reported by the complainant (name withheld) to the Police at Area `D’ Police Station in Mushin, Lagos.
He alleged that the defendant assaulted the complainant by forcefully removing her underwear.
“He defiled her unlawfully by having carnal knowledge of her through penetration,’’ he said.
According to him, the offence contravenes the provisions of Sections 137 and 263 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State 2015.
Edited by Adeleye Ajayi
- It has been 365 days of excellence – Kwara 1st Lady
- COVID-19: Group urges govt. to consider PWDs during planning
- Italian economy could shrink up to 13 %, central banker says
- Japanese city in middle of 2nd wave of COVID-19 infections: mayor
- UK police arrest 650 gang members in major crime-busting drive
- Group lauds Kaduna community engagement in social register enrollment
- Slovenia’s GDP down 2.3 pct in Q1 2020
- Bauchi Commissioner urges follow-up on Child Birth Spacing
- COVID-19: Don’t play politics with people’s lives, Edo govt. tells opposition
- 2 killed in factory explosion in Turkey’s Istanbul
- No Brexit breakthrough expected at next set of talks, EU adviser says
- Angolan president defends increase of domestic production
- News Analysis: Egypt’s real-estate sector resilient though impacted by COVID-19
- Belarus’ foreign debt falls 2.9 pct
- Don advises state govts to incorporate informal sector to boost IGR
- MURIC calls for release of detained Delta journalist
- COVID-19: Foundation partners FCTA to curtail spread
- Third Dutch abattoir closed following coronavirus outbreak
- UN rights chief shocked by caste-related killings in Nepal
- Google announces another addition’Plus Codes in Google Maps