An Ilorin Magistrates’ Court on Thursday remanded a man, Akeem Jiddah, in prison, accused of defrauding one Tolu Bankola of N1.8 million.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Folorunsho Zacheaus, told the court that the accused fraudulently collected N1.8 million from Bankola under the pretext of selling 12 plots of land to him at Ogele via Eiyenkorin in Asa Local Government Area of Kwara.
He said that the defendant presented a fake land transfer agreement to the complainant, who only
realised that he was duped when the labourers he assigned to work on the land were chased away.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.
The prosecutor said the defendant was brought before the court on a two-count charge of criminal breach of trust and cheating contrary to sections 312 and 322 of the penal code.
He prayed the court to remand the accused in prison custody pending the completion of investigation.
- Bayelsa Poll: NGO decries tense political atmosphere, sues for restraint
- Adamawa government sacks polytechnic staff
- Bishop commends Gov. El-Rufai for stopping demolition of 110-year-old Church
- Trump open to deal with democrats over Obama’s DACA programme
- Minister tasks Defence Attachés on new security challenges
- 25th Anniversary: Sweet Sensation will improve on ‘Feeding the Hungry’ programme, says MD
- NYSC appeals to Kano State Govt over dilapidated orientation camp road
- Police Commission deploys 45 monitors for Kogi, Bayelsa elections
- Russia, Somalia recommit to jointly combating terrorism – Foreign ministry
- Gombe assembly impeaches deputy speaker
- CONMESS: COOUTH doctors have no need to embark on strike — Anambra Govt
- Fire guts a section of Niger Government House
- Ogun : Road traffic crashes claim 301 lives in 10 months – FRSC
- Rivers: Youth Leader wants probe of 28 NDDC contracts abandoned in Andoni LGA
- Regular training remains critical to Nigerian Army’s constitutional role–Buratai
- Senate appeals to FG to ban importation of textile for 5 years
- Expert cautions women on choice of Brassiers
- Man, 34, jailed six months in Osun for theft, assault
- Reps call for policies to facilitate investments in gold mining
- NGO tasks communities on intercultural, interreligious harmony