An Ile-Ife Magistrates’ Court in Osun on Friday remanded a 35-year-old man, Addo Alhassan, in prison over alleged armed robbery and theft of various items valued at N23.9 million.
The Magistrate, Mrs Muhibah Olatunji, did not take the plea of the defendant because her court lacked jurisdiction to hear armed robbery cases.
Olatunji asked the Prosecutor, Cpl. Olawale Odusina, to duplicate the case file and forward it to the office of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) for legal advice.
She adjourned the case until April 2 for mention.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Cpl. Olawale Odusina, had told the court that the defendant committed the offences on Dec. 20, 2018 at Kilometre 17, Ede Road, Ile-Ife.
Odusina said that the defendant conspired with others now at large to commit felony to wit: armed robbery.
According to him, the defendant and others still at large, armed with gun, cutlass and axe robbed Sijuwade Aderonke of her Infinity Q56 Jeep and Kia Sportage Jeep marked: EKY 5577CF and Gionee Android phone.
He listed some of the items stolen by the defendant to include: jewellery; 2 Infinix Note 3 and a Note 4 handset and I-Phone 6 plus.
Other items were: Samsung Note; Tecno L8 handset; LG 42 inches TV; 32 inches Samsung TV; HP 42 Window Laptop: Wristwatch and 200W stabilizer, property of Sijuwade Aderonke, all valued at N23.915 million.
The prosecutor said further that the offences contravened Sections 383, 390 (9), 402 (A), 403, 404 of the Robbery & Fire Are Act, Laws of the Federation, 2004.
- Assembly pledges proper upgrading of Sokoto Health Technology school
- Army releases emergency numbers for ‘Exercise Atilogwu Udo 1’
- Sickle Cell: Reps urge FG to introduce free, compulsory new born screening
- Appeal Court reaffirms election of 8 Sokoto lawmakers
- Data, veritable tool to achieving SDGs — Presidential aide
- Bayelsa: IPAC urges INEC to ensure free, fair, credible election
- Kagame delivers stern warning to persons trying to destabilise Rwanda
- NASS pledges support towards reducing Nigeria’s housing deficit
- FG to stop importation of steel materials – Minister
- NAHCO generates N7.38bn revenue in nine months
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline