The Modakeke Magistrates’ Court in Osun on Wednesday ruled that Nwanle Friday, 26, be remanded in Ile-Ife prison for housebreaking.
The court ordered that the defendant should be remanded in prison custody pending his bail.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Ona Glory, told the court that the defendant committed the offences sometime in June around 1.00 p.m. at J4 Village via Modakeke-Ife.
Glory said that the defendant entered into the house of one Adejumo Rapheal with intention to commit felony therein to wit: stealing.
He said that the defendant stole the cash sum of N1.4 million, property of one Adetunji Dada.
According to him, the offence contravened Sections 383, 390(9) and 412 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Osun, 2002.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the two-count charge of housebreaking and stealing.
The Defence Counsel, Mr Keji Adegoke, pleaded for the bail of the defendant in most liberal terms, pledging that his client would not jump bail and would provide reliable sureties.
Magistrate Abimbola Famuyide did not grant the bail, but asked the counsel to come with written application for the consideration of the bail.
Famuyide ordered the remand of the defendant in Ile-Ife Prison.
He adjourned the case until Aug. 1 for hearing.
- Pakistan’s opposition to ramp up protests to force out PM Imran Khan
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies