An Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrates’ Court, on Wednesday, ordered the remand of a 16-year-old Adamu Abubakar at the Children Correctional Centre in Ado-Ekiti over an alleged armed robbery.
The defendant, whose address was not provided, is being tried for alleged armed robbery.
The Police prosecutor, Insp. Monica Ikebuilo, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on June 28 in Ado-Ekiti.
Ikebuilo alleged that the defendant robbed one Nafiu Ibrahim, and another person, simply identified as Olaitan of their phones and cash.
She said the offence contravened Section 2 (1) (a) and (b) of the Robbery and Firearm Act Cap RII Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
The prosecutor urged the court to remand the defendant in the Children Correctional Centre pending legal advice from the office of Director of Public Prosecution (DPP).
The plea of the defendant was not taken.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Adefumike Anoma, ordered the remand of the defendant at the Children Correctional Centre, pending issuance of legal advice.
She adjourned the case until July 27 for mention.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso/Abdulfatah Babatunde (NAN)
- Around 40 migrants drown in shipwreck off Mauritanian coast
- COVID-19: Again FG extends second phase of eased restrictions by 4 week
- Gold price continues to fly high, rises to yet another record
- Female senator donates 21 trailer-load of fertilisers to Adamawa farmers
- Military allays fear over alleged Al-Qaeda, ISIS inroad to Nigeria
- NCPC partners CAN, JNI to end Southern Kaduna killings
- COVID-19: PTF approves gradual reopening of international flights
- LASG calls for synergy among security agencies
- COVID-19: Kogi Govt fumigates schools ahead of resumption on Aug. 10
- Gov Ikpeazu calls for Federal Secretariat in Abia