A Karshi Grade 1 Area Court, Abuja, ordered that a trader, Mohammed Abubakar, 39, who pleaded guilty to stealing two bags of coconut worth N16,800, be remanded in prison, pending sentencing.
The police charged Abubakar, with two counts of criminal trespass and theft.
The judge, Alhaji Anas Isah, ordered that Abubakar be remanded Keffi prison.
Isah fixed Aug. 26 for sentencing.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Ayotunde Adeyanju, told the court that the complainant, Rabiu Kabiru, who is a businessman in Karu market Abuja, reported the matter at the Karu Police station, on Aug. 12.
He said that the defendant broke into the complainant’s shop and stole two bags of coconut valued N16,800.
The prosecutor told the court that during police investigation, the defendant admitted stealing the coconuts and selling it for N13,000
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 348 and 287 of the Penal Code.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA
- U.S calls for peaceful, free, transparent elections in Kogi, Bayelsa
- Buhari greets Wazirin Dutse, Bashir Dalhatu, at 70
- New Federal Polytechnic Daura to begin operation in 2019/2020 academic – NBTE boss