An Ile-Ife Magistrates’ Court in Osun on Tuesday remanded one Eronse Balat, 42, over alleged rape of his student (name withheld).
The Prosecutor, Insp. Abdullahi Emmanuel, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on June 11, at about 7:00 am at Eleyele area, Ile-Ife.
Emmanuel said that the defendant had a canal knowledge of the 23-year-old girl.
He added that the defendant unlawfully and indecently assaulted his 23-year-old student.
According to him, the offence contravened sections 358 and 360 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Osun, 2002.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the two-count charge of rape and assault.
Magistrate A.A. Ayeni ordered for his remand at Ilesa Correctional centre.
Ayeni adjourned the case until July 28, for hearing.
Edited By: Nick Nicholas/Donald Ugwu (NAN)
- Barca’s Pique calls for wholesale changes after “shameful” defeat
- INEC seeks stakeholders collaboration in instituting electoral transparency
- Bayern Munich must stay grounded in spite of Barca demolition, coach says
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria