Abuja, Nov.15, 2019A Grade I Area Court in Kabusa, Abuja on Friday ordered that a woman, Sadiya Usman, who pleaded guilty to abandoning a five-day-old baby in a bush, be remanded in a correctional centre, pending sentencing.
The police charged Usman, who resides at Shretti Kabusa Village, Abuja, with abandonment.
The judge, Aliyu Kagarko, adjourned the case until Dec. 10 for sentencing.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Mahmud Lawal, told the court that the complainant, Amadu Bahago, reported the matter at the Kabusa Police Station on Nov. 3.
Lawal said that the complainant reported that he found the baby in the bush where it was abandoned.
He further said that during investigation, the defendant did not deny the allegations.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Sections 237 of the Penal Code Law.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Farm inputs: Women farmers laud Gov. Buni
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Bauchi SUBEB’s Chairman warns engineers against use of substandard materials for projects