By Funmilayo Okunade
Ado-Ekiti, Nov. 8, 2019 An Ado-Ekiti Magistrates’ Court on Friday ordered that a 30-year-old woman, Idowu Akomolafe, who allegedly slashed a woman’s face who accused her of having an extra-marital affair, be remanded in a correctional facility.
The police charged Akomolafe, whose address was not provided, with attempted murder.
The Magistrate, Mrs Kehinde Awosika, who did not take the plea of Akomolafe, ordered the police to return the case file to the Office of the Lagos Director of Public Prosecutions.
Awosika adjourned the case until Jan. 16, for mention.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Sgt. Samson Osubu, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Nov. 2, in Ado-Ekiti.
He alleged that the defendant attempted to kill a 42-year-old woman, Denike Olugboye.
Osubu said that the defendant used a razor blade and slashed Olugboye on her body, when she called her out in public about having an extra-martial affair with her husband.
in public, warning her to stay away from her husband, while the defendant promised to deal with her.
He said the victim is on admission in the hospital.
The offece, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 320 of the Criminal Code, Law of Ekiti State, 2012.
Edited by Folorunso Poroye/Sadiya Hamza
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed